It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 8:49 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:36 pm 
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
I own what is probably the last Lada station wagon in Central and Eastern Canada !!

It's a '91 Lada wagon, model is 2104. It has a fun little 1.5L engine with a Weber carb and a 5 spd transmission.

Anyhow, "Hollywood" is coming to town next month to film a movie called "Siberia" with Keanu Reeves... and they need Russian cars !!!

The "car scout" came to see the car last Sunday and said he couldn't see how they could say no to my car.

Here is my baby!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:31 pm 
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
The Lada is going to earn you a bit of $

That's a cool, quirky car! How is it to live with? Do you drive it often? What about parts availability?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm 
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965
lalunette wrote:
I own what is probably the last Lada station wagon in Central and Eastern Canada !!

It's a '91 Lada wagon, model is 2104. It has a fun little 1.5L engine with a Weber carb and a 5 spd transmission.

Anyhow, "Hollywood" is coming to town next month to film a movie called "Siberia" with Keanu Reeves... and they need Russian cars !!!

The "car scout" came to see the car last Sunday and said he couldn't see how they could say no to my car.

Here is my baby!!

Wow that is in good shape! The ones in Ontario rusted out so fast you could hear them rusting on quiet night. lol. My friends had one with the crank start option, that was cool back in the day

presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:52 pm 
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

That's a beaut you got there. Love the wipers on the headlights. There is a white Lada Cossack in the area that I see every so often. Loved them when I first started driving still think they are cool. As long as you can fix them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:24 am 
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

ultra sonic wrote:
The Lada is going to earn you a bit of $

That's a cool, quirky car! How is it to live with? Do you drive it often? What about parts availability?

I used to drive it almost every day back when I got it in 2008 but ended up parking it so I could do some rust repairs. Got it running again in 2016 and plan on using it more frequently.

I do all my own maintenance and order parts directly from Moscow. In fact, I'm going to the post office today to pick up a new water pump, hoses, thermal switch (for the rad) and thermometer sending unit for the gauge in the dash.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:25 am 
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

donny wrote:
Wow that is in good shape! The ones in Ontario rusted out so fast you could hear them rusting on quiet night. lol. My friends had one with the crank start option, that was cool back in the day

You will be happy to learn that mine does have the crank start option but I would need to drill the front bumper in order to fit the crank !!