It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:23 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:36 pm 
n00b
n00b

To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Noob here. I just went through all 37 pages of topics to make sure this wasnt addressed in another page. I just bought an 89' CH80, that had been garaged for many years. She runs nice, everything works except for all the turn signals (checking out the relay tomorrow), but she has weathered, cracked tires. I need to replace them. I googled the tire size and found many options. Any thoughts from the forum vets on brand of tires to get? Not sure if they are tubeless or tubed (how do i tell?) I do have a local guy that can install them if i buy them. Appreciate any help!! :) I rode this scoot home through the country and loved it. I'm 64, and dont need the speed i used to have with my motorcycles-just enjoy the journey now. Thanks again for any thoughts guys/gals !!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:12 pm 
n00b
n00b

To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Ok, found that i have tubeless tires-stamped on my rims. That was easy. BTW-a little spray of electrical contact cleaner on the turn signal switch relay contacts, and i'm back in business with turn signals. I'll still welcome any tire recommendations for this old-man's hog ! :) Thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:11 pm 
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

I believe that the stock tire size for CH80 3.50 x 10 (3.5 inches wide, 10 inch rim). You can also look for tires sized by the nearest metric equivalent size, which I believe is 90/100-10 (90mm wide, aspect ratio 100, 10 inch rim).

Well known brands like Pirelli, Continental, Michelin, and Metzler make scooter tires in these sizes. Kenda, Shinko, and other less well known companies make them as well.

You can check many on-line retailers to see what's available, reference prices, and maybe read user reviews. Installation may be tricky if you aren't able to do it yourself, in which case you should check with your local scooter and motorcycle shops. I don't have a CH80, so I can't give you a personal recommendation, but I put Bridgestones on my CH250 as there were not many choice in my size.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:24 pm 
n00b
n00b

I recommend the Kenda race inspired tire forget the model but they were real gripping and cheap but well made

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:54 pm 
n00b
n00b

Thank you to Forest & Ultra Sonic for the advice. My scoot is in cold storage right now (appropriate because it's 2 degrees outside right now here in Illinois), but i'll be getting new tires come Spring thaw..leaning toward the Kenda's. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year folks !!!