It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problems starting my 2006 honda ruckus nps50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:45 am 
n00b
n00b

I have a Honda ruckus nps50/2006. Iam having problems starting it. I have done the following; checked oil level ok, new gas, re and re carb, cleaned it, cleaned dry and foam air cleaner. Had good spark before re carb. Do I have to reset the data? Is their anything I am missing? Could use some help. I am on an island 100 miles north of Vancouver,B.C. Canada. Bob

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Problems starting my 2006 honda ruckus nps50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:59 am 
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

What is the problem ?? I description of what is or is not happening would give us an idea of what is going on. Also have you added any mods to the scooter.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:27 am 
n00b
n00b

I can,t get my ruckus started. I did the previous post to get it started. Their has been no modification done to my scooter. I am concerned about having to to reset my ECM if that is what I have to do.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:03 pm 
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

when you turn the key to the on position, pull the brake in and push the starter button what happens. Does the motor crank over and over, Does the motor not turn over at all and just a click sound. Was the starting problem a sudden thing. It worked one day then didn't ? I have heard people talk about resetting the ECM but not much mention of why or what they are hope to solve from doing this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wouldn't be too concerned about the ECM. It shouldn't need resetting. I've was super active on Ruckus forums for years and never once heard of someone solving a starting problem by resetting the ECM.

Does the engine crank over nicely? I've found that when I've had starting problems with a Ruckus, I usually have better luck with the kickstarter than the electric start because I can get it spinning faster. If it's cranking over nicely, try varying the throttle position to see if it can cough to life. I usually have the best luck with about 1/4 throttle.

Has the Ruckus been sitting for a while? It could be a gummed up slow/idle jet. Most likely it's an air/fuel mix problem, but a new plug never hurts and it could also be the valves if someone way over tightened them.