It is currently Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:27 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Riva xx125 KickN MY ASS
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:30 am 
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Ok, so I'm new to posting on the boards here , although I've read almost everything I could find . I got a 97 Xcode 125 maybe 8 weeks ago . It's odometer only reading 2500 miles .(and the lance is still installed well and secure . ) friend pulled it out of storage and I started at it . This is what I've done so far...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:24 pm 
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982
Now I'm pretty good with a gy6 Chinese ride , only type motor I've worked on so far. And is simple compared to how the yammys setup. But I am determined cuz seriously , The Bike didn't make it very far out of its break in period .20 year old bike with 2500 miles! So
I bought new tk carb , took it apart and seafoamed it . New belt,new battery , new spark plug .
Washed the tank real good . Cleared the lines . Drained the oil .
I checked every connection and clip with my multi meter and all is well .
Adjusted the valves . Everything sounds like it just wants to turn over but it won't . It spins and it's engaging . I got spark .but Idt it is ignighting. Nothing when I sprayed starter fluid thou . I check the compression . .... And here's the prob . Zero .
I can't find any leak . Only thing is I don't have air filter on . But I did make my own air jet outta the cvt hose connecting with the vacuum . Their is a air filter but it's not the right one . I got zero with it and when I completely covered the hole that it goes on still zero .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:33 pm 
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

This is the hose from the cvt to vacuum that would usually be connected threw air filter ... Could air filter really cause completely zero compression ?

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 1.59 MiB | Viewed 767 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:08 pm 
Step Thru Star
Step Thru Star

A13x wrote:
I check the compression . .... And here's the prob . Zero .

Oil Test

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:40 pm 
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Oil test ? How so? I flushed with clean oil . Then refilled with another fresh bottle .
Actually now that I think of it . I didn't pull the oil filter . ... Could it be cloged and restricting flow ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:48 pm 
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Ahhh , that's a link their (duh) ,
Yea I have already performed an oil test . To no avail. Compression didn't budge . I gonna post a vid and couple more pics I know the valves are adjust with the proper clearence . Weather their seating . Idk.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:59 pm 
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Wow 101 views and not a single tip .
Well . Now I got everything separated and trying to get the nut of the cam sprocket to release the timing chain. Danm suckers on hard . And doesn't help I'm spouses to just hold the fly wheel and prevent it all from spinning.. Not working so well . I am. Goin to get the socket for the impact drill ... Figure thats the only way I'll get it . Any advise gladly appreciated . Wanna get somewhere with this before weather gets too cold

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:19 pm 
Twist 'n Pro
Twist 'n Pro

Easiest way to keep an engine from turning when you are trying to get a stuck bolt off is the rope trick. Take a piece of nylon rope that is smaller than the sparkplug hole, feed it into the hole and then when the piston comes around the rope will lock the engine and keep it from turning. When you are done just pull the rope out. If you don't have any compression after putting oil in the cylinder, you either have a valve problem or you have a holed piston.

http://scooters4hooters.com/