Tsunami Japanese registered Harley found on Canadain shore

Other vehicles, jokes, political views...whatever.
Dan Durston
Site Admin
Site Admin
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: Tsunami Japanese registered Harley found on Canadain shore

Post by Dan Durston »

Wow that's amazing it was still in there and that it made it all this way. Too bad it's rusty :?
Scooters Owned: 2003 Ruckus, 2006 Ruckus, 1983 Yamaha Beluga 80, 2007 Vespa LX 150, 2009 Yamaha BWS 125, 2008 Ruckus
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Post by donny »

Well a great up date they found the owner of the Harley! but the poor man lost 2 family members to that unknown disaster that was coming.there way.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... owner.html
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
GVH
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Post by GVH »

The bikes being delivered to a dealer and Harley is fixing it for free and delivering it.
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Post by donny »

Here is another update story and the picture shows the bike now washed out of truck and in the sand, wow I guess the tide -weather blew it out of truck box? and truck box is now gone. They may be lucky if it is still there? :shock:

They say the dealer plans to restore it for him 8-). Funny thing is that now the most famous Harley in the world is owned by a Japanese man (I love that). It will never replace his family sadly , but a great gesture from the Harley people :) Boy that would be a big draw at a motorcycle show! The bike is famous now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17927045
In the video on this clip you see a few pictures of the bike before the tsunami in the truck box from the owner.
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

Well, the bike has been p/u by boat and then truck to a Vancouver dealer who is prepping it to go back to Harley Japan to be restored! :)

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/06/ts ... d-returned
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Post by donny »

well i want to follow this story through 8-) Here is a story released by the guy that found the bike that was just released

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/20 ... -life.html

Cannot wait to see the bike returned to owner
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend

Re: Tsunami Japanese registered Harley found on Canadain shore,

Post by donny »

Well it looks like this story ends in a Harley museum in the US for now. The owner has declined to take bike back,rather have it kept the way it is a a memorial., They plan to have owner and finder meet later at museum :)

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... useum?lite
relatestudio
n00b
n00b

Post by relatestudio »

Cannot wait to see the bike returned to owner