Anybody's kids into bikes?

Other vehicles, jokes, political views...whatever.
hadman
n00b
n00b
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Anybody's kids into bikes?

Post by hadman »

One of my boys is extremely eager to get into bike riding, he is very young but I was riding around fairly young and never did me any harm.. Anyway... Bikes are a bit different these days and I'm not sure whether to go for a mini pit bike or a kids quad bike. Could do both if they aren't too expensive. Anybody got any experience of either?
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Re: Anybody's kids into bikes?

Post by donny »

My son when he was 16 liked the scooter to get around because he had a beginners license and in a car he had to have a licensed driver and on the scooter he was on his own, but as soon as he could drive a car without another licensed driver he lost interest. Also he wanted a super bike if he was to continue riding a motorcycle. No way!
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
Florida Antique
Step Thru Star
Step Thru Star
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Post by Florida Antique »

When my kids were 6, 9, and 12 they got into dirtbikes. The youngest (daughter) had a PW80, the middle one (son) had a XR100, later a CR80 expert, and the oldest son started on the XR and then went with a XR200 and ended up with a KLX300. We live in the country so there were plenty of dirt trails to go riding on around here. They never got into trail riding and decided that motocross was too hard and or scary (15' in the air and landing on the downslope of a tabletop was a little daunting) so the dirtbikes fell into disuse and were sold. The 2 youngest now ride scooters at college but they just ride them for convenience. They do not ride for enjoyment like I do. I am against 4 wheeler ATVs, especially for younger riders. On a dirtbike if you lose it, the bike goes one way and you go the other. On a ATV, you are too entrenched and you end up going with the ATV (which usually ends up on top). For that reason, I never let my kids on a ATV. My daughter still likes the smell of my Aero scooter (2T) because it reminds her of the smell of the exhaust of her PW. Just don't get him something too big or fast and expect him to 'grow' into it.
'84 Honda Aero 125
'05 Yamaha Zuma 50 (dual headlight mod)
'09 Yamaha Vino Classic (one of them new fangled 4 stroke things)

http://scooters4hooters.com/
tiny
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by tiny »

Three of my Four Children love my motorbikes (scooters) and would like to ride them but as they 11,9,7 and 2 it isn't happening ay time soon. But who knows what will happen in those intervening years.
KYMCO ZX50 & Super9, '13 KYMCO Movie 150
johnnywheels
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by johnnywheels »

Florida Antique wrote:When my kids were 6, 9, and 12 they got into dirtbikes. The youngest (daughter) had a PW80, the middle one (son) had a XR100, later a CR80 expert, and the oldest son started on the XR and then went with a XR200 and ended up with a KLX300. We live in the country so there were plenty of dirt trails to go riding on around here. They never got into trail riding and decided that motocross was too hard and or scary (15' in the air and landing on the downslope of a tabletop was a little daunting) so the dirtbikes fell into disuse and were sold. The 2 youngest now ride scooters at college but they just ride them for convenience. They do not ride for enjoyment like I do. I am against 4 wheeler ATVs, especially for younger riders. On a dirtbike if you lose it, the bike goes one way and you go the other. On a ATV, you are too entrenched and you end up going with the ATV (which usually ends up on top). For that reason, I never let my kids on a ATV. My daughter still likes the smell of my Aero scooter (2T) because it reminds her of the smell of the exhaust of her PW. Just don't get him something too big or fast and expect him to 'grow' into it.airwheel s6 scooter
Sounds like yall had plenty of fun out on the trails! Thanks for the share :D
whateverls15
n00b
n00b

Post by whateverls15 »

Just let them be theirself, they will go their way sooner or later
joramgeneral
n00b
n00b

Post by joramgeneral »

Wow. These accidents always happen so quick. Thanks for sharing.