New Nissian gas engine. Variable commperssion turbo charged engine.

Other vehicles, jokes, political views...whatever.
tiny
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: New Nissian gas engine. Variable commperssion turbo charged engine.

Post by tiny »

a couple of companies have tried that already and couldn't make it work most notable Mercedes & Hyundai. Getting a Gas engine to act like a Diesel is really difficult due to the ignition point of Gas being higher then Diesel and that Diesel has way more energy to it then Gas.
KYMCO ZX50 & Super9, '13 KYMCO Movie 150
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Post by donny »

Oh I did not know a few others have tried this method. Yes gas is higher than diesel in ignition point. Interesting if they have figured a way to this successfully?
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side
tiny
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Post by tiny »

last I read they have all but given up due to really high cost and complexity of engine.
KYMCO ZX50 & Super9, '13 KYMCO Movie 150
KylieJenner
n00b
n00b

Post by KylieJenner »

This is just a variation on a Atkinson cycle engine. The same effect can be obtained by mounting the crankshaft on a camshaft. Nothing new here except maybe good PR. I am happy with my Peugeot 308 gt line :D
Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by Johnniespeed »

The Atkinson cycle engine can be simulated by camshaft profile, creating a longer power stroke than the compression stroke, Prius hybrids have been doing this for many years, I personally don't consider that to be a true Atkinson cycle, but many others do. Yes I know this thread is a couple years old,
The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.
I have a Ninja powered Grom and a GSXR 1000.