Help

Modern Scoots from Vespa, Lambretta, Piaggio, Aprilia and Derbi
Scooterdad101
n00b
n00b
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Help

Post by Scooterdad101 »

I just bought a 2003 Derbi Atlantis. The oil lights on. There's no dip stick. What do I use? 2 stroke? There's a reservoir under the seat, next to the fuel cap. I need a battery, too. It didn't come with a manual and all I can find online is the repair manual not the maintenance manual. THX
Wheelman-111
Twist 'n Pro
Twist 'n Pro
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: Help

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

According to this, your 2-stroke is a great scooter. There is no oil in the crankcase, but 2-stroke oil is carried in a tank under the saddle. The "Oil Light" is connected to a level sender that turns on when the oil drops below a certain level. If the tank is full and the light is still on, the sender unit is stuck and should be removed for inspection.

If you can find a Factory Service Manual, buy it. The maintenance information will be in there, plus a lot more. You can learn how to get your oil tank sender apart, for example...
Wheelman-111
Deepinnaharta, Texas
2001 Honda SA50 Elite 50/72 Polini Iron 58.6MPH
2010 Vespa S50/78 - 58MPH
Most of my money is spent on scooter parts. The rest is just wasted.