WTB CH150 D Wanted Low miles mint condition

Sell and buy scooters, parts and scooter related apparel here :)
djtomy
Twist 'n Pro
Twist 'n Pro
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

WTB CH150 D Wanted Low miles mint condition

Post by djtomy »

I would like to get hold of a nice condition low mile Elite 150 Deluxe, If anyone know of one for sale please contact me.
I'm also willing to trade.
I'm Located in NW Florida.

Thank you
Destin Florida

'83 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125
'02 Metro 178cc
'08 Metro 50
'09 Metro 50
'06 Elite 80
'84 Elite 125
'87 Elite 150
'89 Elite 250
'06 Vino 125

"It’s a shame Americans can’t embrace scooters"
Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: WTB CH150 D Wanted Low miles mint condition

Post by Johnniespeed »

Two years ago I found two super low mileage ones. They were stolen when new, recovered by police, insurance paid off the claims, then sold at salvage auction. The purchaser put those two into his pole barn and they sat for thirty years until I bought them.
The 1985 Elite Standard had 41 actual miles when I got it, it now has about 1000. I love this bike, but the plastics are not optimum.
The 1985 Elite Deluxe had 741 miles and I sold it last year for $150 it was missing many parts that I used to complete the first one.
The third bike in that purchase package is my 1985 CH250 Elite.
What a steal for only $250 and they all had titles, I wish I could find more deals like that, thank you Craigslist.

Keep looking, you never know what you will find, those deals are really out there, but hard to find.
The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.
I have a Ninja powered Grom and a GSXR 1000.
djtomy
Twist 'n Pro
Twist 'n Pro

Post by djtomy »

Johnniespeed wrote:Two years ago I found two super low mileage ones. They were stolen when new, recovered by police, insurance paid off the claims, then sold at salvage auction. The purchaser put those two into his pole barn and they sat for thirty years until I bought them.
The 1985 Elite Standard had 41 actual miles when I got it, it now has about 1000. I love this bike, but the plastics are not optimum.
The 1985 Elite Deluxe had 741 miles and I sold it last year for $150 it was missing many parts that I used to complete the first one.
The third bike in that purchase package is my 1985 CH250 Elite.
What a steal for only $250 and they all had titles, I wish I could find more deals like that, thank you Craigslist.

Keep looking, you never know what you will find, those deals are really out there, but hard to find.
Thanks Johnnie, I will. That's incredible deal, and such low miles!! if you ever want to sell or trade lmk
Also I'm keeping an eye out 89-90 CH250 for you! they are incredible! you have to own one once in your life...
I finally located the previous owner of my NH80, she's going to work on a title for me.
Destin Florida

'83 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125
'02 Metro 178cc
'08 Metro 50
'09 Metro 50
'06 Elite 80
'84 Elite 125
'87 Elite 150
'89 Elite 250
'06 Vino 125

Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by Johnniespeed »

If my 1985 CH250 had front and rear disc brakes, and actual fork style front suspension it would be the most perfect scooter in the world.
It runs so perfectly, you would swear it has fuel injection.
If you wheelie it often the front shocks break due to the rocker arm style suspension.
If you run it wide open at the Dragon, the drum brakes overheat.
Make sure you take your favorite bike to the "Tail of the Dragon" ( Deals Gap) at least once in your life.
djtomy
Twist 'n Pro
Twist 'n Pro

Post by djtomy »

Johnniespeed wrote:If my 1985 CH250 had front and rear disc brakes, and actual fork style front suspension it would be the most perfect scooter in the world.
It runs so perfectly, you would swear it has fuel injection.
If you wheelie it often the front shocks break due to the rocker arm style suspension.
If you run it wide open at the Dragon, the drum brakes overheat.
Make sure you take your favorite bike to the "Tail of the Dragon" ( Deals Gap) at least once in your life.

Agreed! lol that's awesome! sounds like some life experience there! My nh80 is fun to wheelie too! but the forks bend easily, and the wheel bushings seem to be always deteriorated! I used to ride BMX back in the 80's In Cali. I just don't have the gonads to try to pull one up on my CH250 for more than a few seconds.

Also the fun thing about these scooters sometimes (for me) is the social aspect. I have a beach house and it seems like my guest rooms are always full, Its really fun to get old friends out riding. But definitely want to try the tail of the dragon. On any of my scoots! or even my Turbo Cayman...
Destin Florida

'83 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125
'02 Metro 178cc
'08 Metro 50
'09 Metro 50
'06 Elite 80
'84 Elite 125
'87 Elite 150
'89 Elite 250
'06 Vino 125

Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by Johnniespeed »

I'm taking the Grom ( Ninja 250 6speed engine) to the Dragon in two weeks, the Cherohala skyway is a big loop that includes the Tail of the Dragon.
The Dragon and Cherohala are the warm up for Dude Date 2016 in St Louis on June 4. Just Google Dudedate.
I may ride one of the Motocompo's for Dude date. Google Honda Motocompo.