New member new to scooters

Chat about your old AE50 Hyper or Burgman 400 / 650.
Dunmurryboy
n00b
n00b
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

New member new to scooters

Post by Dunmurryboy »

Just purchased my first scooter style motorcycle due to health Problems my friend has ridden a burgman 400 for a few years and had been coaxing me to purchase a burgman 400 so finally gave in and bought one wow such fun should have bought one year's ago only problem i need seat modified as i am 6'5" but great bike a 1999 model 12465 miles full service history bought for £625:00 my best motorcycle buy ever I'm using it more than any motorcycle i have ever owned
ultra sonic
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: New member new to scooters

Post by ultra sonic »

Welcome!

I assume you want to modify the seat to get a bit more legroom. I'm in the same situation with my '87 Honda CH250. I'm 6'4"

My seat has a defined ridge that separates it into pilot/pillion. But I'd rather have something flatter and smoother so I can slide my ass further back. My solution is in progress. So far I've purchased a used seat (eBay, less than $100 USD) and I intend to re-contour the seat pan and modify the foam to get what I want. That will also require a custom cover to be made, but that should be easy for an auto upholstery shop. I have the spare seat taken apart and I'm working on the seat pan re-contour right now. I intend to keep the stock seat intact, so if necessary I can put it back on to sell the bike. The modified seat would be optional for the next owner, or could be sold separately. I figure that's the most flexible way to handle modifications and retain value.

The Burg has a much steeper step up to the pillion, but maybe the back rest portion could be removed. Even an inch or two could make all the difference for your comfort.

Of course, some aftermarket company may make something that you would like, but those are likely to be quite expensive and may not achieve the goal of more legroom.
1987 Honda Elite CH250