Help - I get 1-3 sparks at the begining of a start and then nothing

Salient/Riva 50, Beluga/ Riva 80, Razz, Jog, Vino, C3, BWs and Zuma scooters.
Rodztoy
n00b
n00b
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Help - I get 1-3 sparks at the begining of a start and then nothing

Post by Rodztoy »

My 50cc 4 stoke 2007 Vino classic doesn't want to start. The problem started a while ago. At first it sporadically didn't start. Would try it a while later or the next day and it would. It finally died and never started again. I've replaced the spark plag, stator, CDI and electric coil I've taken the spark plug out and seem to get 1-3 sparks right at the begining of when I hit the start button and then no spark regardless of how long I keep the starter going after that. I'm thinking all that is left to potentially change/fix is the ignition switch? I guess it could be a wire but my guess is no because I consistently get 1-3 sparks after I turn on the key and hit the start button? What is extra wierd though is that if I turn the key on and hit the start button a few seconds later I don;t get a spark. The spark on the plug only seems to occur when the start button is hit immediately after the ignition switch is turned to the on position?
flybd5_juan
Throttle Master
Throttle Master
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: Help - I get 1-3 sparks at the begining of a start and then nothing

Post by flybd5_juan »

A black hole marks the spot <insert imaginary deity here> divided by zero.
Rodztoy
n00b
n00b

Re: Help - I get 1-3 sparks at the begining of a start and then nothing

Post by Rodztoy »

Thanks. Therre are a lot of checks!