Yamaha LC50

Salient/Riva 50, Beluga/ Riva 80, Razz, Jog, Vino, C3, BWs and Zuma scooters.
topper
n00b
n00b
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Yamaha LC50

Post by topper »

It appears to solve the complex vacuum system and auto choke system on Yamaha's LC50G you can change the cylinder and head to the PW50 units to solve issues related to the bi-metal thermal sensor used on the 1980 version of the LC50G.
Has anyone attempted this and is it a fairly straight forward swap?
Looking for help and any troubles possibly related to the changeout
Thanks
Topper
Florida Antique
Step Thru Star
Step Thru Star
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: Yamaha LC50

Post by Florida Antique »

By
bi-metal thermal sensor
I am assuming that you mean some sort of automatic enrichener circuit for starting? The PW 50 does not have that but it does have a pull out choke/enrichener on the carburetor. Other than that, the 2 engines look very similar. It would probably work but you would have to change the carburetor and be able to access it.
'84 Honda Aero 125
'05 Yamaha Zuma 50 (dual headlight mod)
'09 Yamaha Vino Classic (one of them new fangled 4 stroke things)

http://scooters4hooters.com/
donny
Scooter Legend
Scooter Legend
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1965

Re: Yamaha LC50

Post by donny »

good luck. I hope it can work. I have a Riva 180 with that auto choke system and it is a problem. I hope to change the carb also when I have a chance to look at it. for now it is in storage. I plan to give it to Dan one day.
presently enjoy riding a Ruckus and a Super 9. Tinkering with a Riva 180 and a couple of old Puch SV's. In the off season I enjoy a 1999 Polaris Indy 600 XLT Touring and a 2014 Artic Cat Prowler side by side