Scooter Recommendations

Talk about anything scooters.
Chris753
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Scooter Recommendations

Post by Chris753 »

Hi all! I have a '87 Honda Aero 50 (49cc) and I LOVE it to death!

I live in a area where we have a lot of empty back roads where I can ride at around 25 MPH, and that seems to be right where the scooter seems very happy to run at.
My problem is, to get to other good cruising back roads, I need to get out on some 'main' back roads where the speed limit is around 40MPH...

I looked at a new Honda Monkey, but wasn't completely sold on the idea of a motorcycle, especially a new one with all the electronics on it.

I've been considering searching for a Honda Aero 125, but I wasn't sure if you all would recommend something different / better.
I've seen the new Yamaha Zooma 125's too, but again with all the electronics makes me think going classic is the way.

Any suggestions? I'd like to have something that would have a long service and engine life, as I have really started to enjoy riding...I put about 40 miles in 3 trips so far on my Aero 50.
Lewis-H
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker
To prevent spam, enter the year 'modern' scooters were first sold in North America (hint: 1982): 1982

Re: Scooter Recommendations

Post by Lewis-H »

If you dread your morning commute and are looking for a way to get to your destination faster, these scooters are great picks.
GOTRAX Rival Commuting Electric Scooter. ...
Razor EcoSmart Metro Electric Scooter. ...
Bird One Scooter. ...
Razor A5 LUX Kick Scooter. ...
Hudora 205 Adult Folding Kick Scooter. ...
Fuzion Cityglide Adult Kick Scooter.
KiloSSK
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by KiloSSK »

Any feedback on electric scooters? They sound like they'd be a great option for urban commuting, as autonomy is not that big of an issue in that situation. I'm not set on them, if they're flawed, I won't hesitate to get an explosion engine one, but if I could get away with an electric scooter, that'd be great.
Johnniespeed
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by Johnniespeed »

I have owned many scooters, and that includes two Aero 125's , two Elite 150 and one Elite 250.
The Elite 250 would be my first choice if buying an older used scooter. Super reliable, about 66 mpg, top speed of 76 and very little maintenance required. I loved the Aero 125's but not all that fast and a challenge to get parts for them. The 150's were great scooters, but the 250 was much better.
I don't have much experience with electric scooters, but have driven a Zero SR, absolutely loved that electric bike, super quiet, very fast, will hit 100 mph with just a flick of the wrist, I would love to own one and can even work with the range of 100 miles, but the price at $18600. 00 was to high to justify a purchase.
The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.
I have a Ninja powered Grom and a GSXR 1000.
KiloSSK
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by KiloSSK »

Thanks for the feedback on the thermic engine scooters! Regarding electric vehicles, I'll look for some info on scooters, as I'm not on the market for a bike that fast, the main point would be that after I've bought some of this Munich real estate, I'd be able to commute to work within the limits of the city on a light and nimble vehicle; that's why I was considering electric scooters.
flybd5_juan
Throttle Master
Throttle Master

Post by flybd5_juan »

Electric scooters are perfect for city commuting in Germany. I lived in Berlin for 4.5 years and they were everywhere. Highly recommend. Just make sure you get a well known brand with available service, not some el-cheapo rice rocket from who-knows-where that you can get in places like Real.
A black hole marks the spot <insert imaginary deity here> divided by zero.
KiloSSK
Rim Kicker
Rim Kicker

Post by KiloSSK »

Thanks for the advice, that's exactly what I was looking for! I'll be on the lookout for more reliable and reputable brands, even if it means paying a premium price.